As parents, I understand your main concern about your kid’s skateboard riding is safety. The rate of accidents happening clearly indicates you have every right to be worried.
However, with proper protective gear like knee and elbow pads, you can easily prevent accidents from happening. To point you in the right direction, we have prepared this post on best 6 years old knee & elbow braces with everything you need to know about pads.
What Are The Best Knee And Elbow Pads?
Finding the knee and elbow pads for kids can be a hassle since there are many good options available on the market. After considering some key factors in knee and elbow pads, we narrowed it down to five great options.
Let get started.
Our Top 5 Picks On Best Kids Protective Pads For 6 Years Old
Why Wearing Knee And Elbow Pads
According to a NSC Injury Facts statistics about 81,000 small and big injuries happened due to skateboarding, scooters & hoverboarding to 5-14 years old Childs in 2020. About 29% of them were faced with wrist, elbow and knee fractures due to fall off from the board while riding on ramps and doing tricks.
Though, the number of casualties is fur less than other sports but you need to be cautious after all its the matter of your child’s safety. Now the question is “How can you ensure safety for your toddler while skateboarding” ?
The answer is you should make sure they put on knee braces, elbow pads, grippy skate Shoes & skateboard helmets properly. That’s the way you keep your children out of danger in case they slip off the board.
Also make sure they don’t ride skateboard in a rough way. Encourage them to learn balancing on skateboard and stopping technique first and then your child can try different skateboard easier tricks.
Detailed Review On Knee And Elbow Pads For Kids
1. BOSONER Elbow & Knee Braces (Best Knee And Elbow Pads For 4 Year Old)
BOSONER is a brand pretty well known in the protective gear industry, allowing kid’s participation in activities like cycling or skateboarding without compromising safety. This pad set from them consists of six pads, each pair for elbows, knees, and wrists, all designed to withstand maximum impact.
- [Convenient Protective Gear Set] - BOSONER kids knee pads set includes 1 pair of knee saver knee pads, 1pair of elbow saver elbow pads, and 1 pair of wrist saver wrist guards with a portable breathable canvas bag
- [Ventilated Fabrics] - BOSONER knee and elbow pads for kids are made of high grade durable fabrics, with EVA foam padding and polycarbonate full-coverage caps for cool air flow and limits perspiration
- [Flexible Elastic Adjustment] - BOSONER skateboarding pads and wrist guards adopt upgrade Adjustable elastic straps and Velcro closures to securely fit your knee and elbow
- [Day Gifts for Kids] - BOSONER kids skateboarding pads is the good choice as a gift for Children's Day, Birthday, Christmas,Thanksgiving Day, which perfect for any youth girls and boys
All the pads included in the set have a tough PVC layer on the outer side absorbent to any possible shock and impact from skateboarding. The size offered by BOSONER for this product is a big plus size of this product.
Unlike other pad packs, there are two different size ranges available that cover age from 3 to 15. So, if you have older kids at home, they can wear these too. With the Velcro straps attached, these pads do a great job protecting the joint without blocking the movement.
Additionally, despite swift movements around the joint, they don’t shift positions, increasing safety overall. Finally, the use of EVA foam inside ensures maximum ventilation and comfortability for hot summer days.
Lastly, wearing these pads are pretty straightforward, and kids can wear them all by themselves easily. At a price tag as low as this, only a handful of products in the market come as close as this pad set in terms of quality and features.
What We Liked
- High-quality breathable EVA padding
- Highly adjustable Velcro straps
- Cover a wide age range
- Several colors to choose from
What We Didn’t Like
- Not suitable for repeated heavy impacts on hard surfaces
2. Innovative Soft Kids (Best For Knee And Elbow Pad)
This is the priciest option on my list, yet if you decide to invest in these Innovative kid’s knee and elbow pads, we assure you it’ll be worth the extra money with the feature set it provides.
- 📍 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗞𝗜𝗗 𝗜𝗦 𝗦𝗔𝗙𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗦𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗬 𝗞𝗜𝗗𝗦 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗧 that includes 2 x "knee pads", 2 x "elbow pads" and 2 x "bike gloves" for toddlers with a "mesh bag" and "cute stickers"! Now your child can safely enjoy any outdoor activity and you can have that much-needed peace of mind!
- 📍 𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗩𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝟯 𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗢𝗙𝗧-𝗣𝗔𝗗 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗡 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦 𝗜𝗧 𝗦𝗔𝗙𝗘𝗥, 𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗥 & 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗗𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘! Our pads are made using 3 layers of heavy-duty buffer materials to absorb any impact of falling down! Plus, the revolutionary soft-pad technology will fit kids’ knees and arms perfectly while increasing the range of motion. Our only goal is to keep your children safe while they’re enjoying their favorite outdoor activities!
- 📍 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗧𝗢𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗦𝗞𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗕𝗢𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗣𝗔𝗗𝗦, since they are not only durable and washable, but also extremely flexible and breathable. The skin-friendly material will prevent discomfort while the lightweight construction will make sure your kid can comfortably wear the knee and elbow pads for hours!
- 📍 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗡’𝗦 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝗚𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗗𝗢𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦! Our knee pads kit is ideal for skateboarding, mountain biking, BMX biking, rollerblading or cycling. Available in multiple colors and designs, our bicycle pads set has passed the 𝘾𝙋𝙎𝙄𝘼 (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act) Testing and is perfect for both boys and girls!
Starting with the materials, these knee and elbow pads have a triple layer of high-quality buffer materials, which provide excellent protection against and fall damage.
Not just skateboard, the inclusion of hand gloves expands the boundary into cycling too. This gear set features e-layer neoprene pads for the padding, which feels soft and does a great job of absorbing impact. In addition to that, the CPSIA certification further speaks for the safety of this pad set.
Sacrificing comfortability while making pads durable is a common issue, and these Innovative has avoided doing that skillfully. Instead, these pads are super flexible and breathable while at the same time skin-friendly and lightweight too. So, wearing these for hours isn’t going to be an issue for your kids.
Last but not least, this pad set comes with one year on manufacturer warranty, which is pretty rare for a kid’s protective gear set, yet a good indication of the quality of the product.
What We Liked
- Flexible inner padding
- Impact-absorbing buffer material
- CPSIA certified
- Inclusion of hand gloves
What We Didn’t Like
- A bit expensive than its competitors
3. KUYOU Kids Knee & Elbow Pads (Best For Design)
Looking for a complete set of knee and elbow pads?
Well, on top of my list, this knee and elbow pad set from KUYOU has all the right qualities to become a complete one. You also get a pair of wrist pads in the pack too as a bonus.
- Suitable for:2-7 years old kids Wrist guard, knee pads and elbow pads included.
- High hardness PVC shell, thickened soft sponge, comfortable and durable.
- Elbow, knee and wrist 6pcs a set, bring you all-round and perfect protection while doing sports.
- Multiple adjustable elastic straps and Velcro closures for secure fit for various knee girths
Thanks to its high-quality PVC outer shell, its coverage and shock absorbency are perfect.
In addition, the thick padding inside the outer shell works as a great defense against fall impact. These pads are big enough and suitable for kids from age 3-8, so if your kid is a little taller or bigger than his age group, they can still wear these comfortably.
Good fitting is a frequent issue we commonly see with knee and elbow pads. With elastic Velcro straps, KUYOU ensured your kid can wear these pads however they seem comfortable, whether tight or loose.
The fabrics used for these pads are breathable and skin-friendly, so your kid can wear them for a long time without worrying about the sweat around their elbows and knees. Overall, This set of knee and elbow pads can be a great start to introduce your kid to safety gears for a minimum amount of money.
What We Liked
- High-quality PVC outer shell
- Includes extra wrists pads and a gift box
- Skin-friendly breathable fabrics
- Great value for the money
What We Didn’t Like
- The size can be an issue with older kids
Also Check our guide
4. SKL Kids Knee And Elbow Pads (Best Knee-Pad And Elbow-Pad For 6 Years Old)
This SKL kid’s knee and elbow pad set have all the right qualities for your kid to learn skateboarding safely with minimum chance of accidents. Like the set from KUYOU, this set too includes a bonus pair of wrist pads, and the size is perfect for kids aged three to eight.
No products found.
SKL used some of the best materials in the business for this protective gear set. All the pads are made using heavy-duty plastic plates with adequate cushioning from EVA materials. So whether it’s skateboarding or cycling, your kid will stay injury-free with the protective pads.
Not only in the materials are high quality, but the ergonomic design also plays a big part in ensuring top-notch protection. Furthermore, all these materials are flexible, so kids don’t feel discomfort around the joints when moving.
Easy adjustability is another prime feature of this pad set. With elastic straps and Velcro, your kid can tighten the needs easily according to their need. In addition, there are several colors your kid can choose from, suitable for both boys and girls.
What We Liked
- Made with soft EVA paddings inside
- Different colors to choose from
- Easily adjustable velcro strap
- Pretty affordable price
What We Didn’t Like
- Sizing is not accurate for older kids
5. KUYOU Kids Protective Gear Set (Knee Pads That Don’t Hurt Back Of Legs)
The last one on the list is another entry from KUYOU, and with great features, protection, and attractive design, this pad set has rightfully earned its place on my list.
- 【Soft & Comfortable & Breathable】 Kids knee pads are made of skin-friendly and breathable fabric, which has soft and smooth touch. With lightweight construction your kids can comfortably wear it for hours though directly touch with skin.
- 【6 in 1 Kids Protective Gear Set with Bike Gloves Make Your Kids Safe All the Time】 This protective gear set includes 2 x knee pads + 2 x elbow pads + 2 x kids bike gloves + 1 x Mesh Storage Bag for toddlers youth kids boys and girls. Your child can enjoy any outdoor activity with safety and pleasure such as skateboards, skating, etc. But you feel ease at the same time !
- 【Adjustable Size & Upgraded Reinforced Stitching Design 】 youth elbow and knee pads are designed with specially lengthened strap, very easy to adjust size to meet more kids of different weight and age. Especially fit for 4-8 years old. Adopts reinforced stitching on each edge of the knee pads and straps, it prevents tearing apart after reuse and ensure longer time.
- 【Innovative 3 Layer Soft-Pad & Vivid Cute Cartoon Pattern Design】 Made of 3 layers of heavy duty buffer materials to absorb any impact of falling down, but more safe, sturdy and durable for use. Adopts revolutionary soft-pad technology to make it fit kids’ knees, shins, and arms perfectly for protecting kids immature joints from being injured and making your kids can enjoy sports freely.
KUYOU has always been considered as one of the top players in terms of protection and coverage. Still, this time with colorful design aesthetics and ship protection, they reinvented the protective gear set for kids.
The knee pads of this set are longer than other options on my list that doubles down as a sheen guard providing extended coverage. The pads are made with three protective layers tough enough to withstand regular fall impacts. Kids ranging from age 3 to 8 can easily wear this gear set with no sizing issue at all.
In case the pads feel loose or stiff, they can be easily adjustable with the help of specially lengthened Velcro straps. With breathable fabrics and lightweight design, your kid can wear these for hours effortlessly. For easy cleaning, you can toss them into the washing machine too.
Additionally, these pads are very easy to put on; within seconds, your kid will be ready to hit the surface on his skateboard.
With a price tag of a little over 20 dollars, these shield pads manage to provide extra protection and coolness while being functional at the same time.
What We Like
- Knee pads protect the shin area too
- Stylish design with two color options
- Washable in washing machines
- Lengthened velcro straps for extended adjustability
What We Didn’t Like
- Longer knee pads might block the movement a little
As most of the knee and elbow pads for toddlers come in different attractive designs and vibrant colors, it’s pretty easy to overlook the features that actually decide the pads’ safety and comfortability.
When purchasing one, you need to have a clear idea about which features you should look for and what should be at the bottom of your priority list.
So, let’s discuss some parameters we used, and you should use too to choose the perfect knee and elbow pads for 6 year old kid.
Material is the most basic yet most significant aspect of buying any knee and elbow pads. The outer shell of these pads tends to be rugged and durable; try to pick one that has high-quality plastic plates or PVC as the outer shell.
Inside the outer hell, there is padding. For the padding, manufacturers use different shock-absorbing materials. For the best result, try to choose pads that have breathable EVA or foam padding inside.
Lastly, check out the breathability of the fabrics used for the pads. Like any other sport, skating can cause excessive sweating. For ultimate comfort in those situations, breathable can be a huge relief. Cotton and mesh usually have excellent breathability, and you can go with any of them.
2. Sizing and Fit
Finding the right size of elbow and knee pads can be challenging as all six-year-olds don’t have the same height or growth. In addition, different sizing guides from different manufacturers make it even more challenging to get the proper fit.
So, my advice is not to go straight to buying without considering your kid’s height weight and the product’s sizing guide.
Chose a size that’s big enough to protect your kid’s knee and elbow from different angles but not so big that it restricts the movement. Make sure there is no wiggle room, and it fits perfectly with the straps.
If it’s too tight, it’ll be difficult to wear for an extended period of skateboarding. Almost all of these protective pads have Velcro straps; get those with longer and elastic velcro.
3. Set vs. Individual Pads
Whether you want to buy the knee and elbow pads separately is a confusing decision to make. There are protective gear sets in the market that contains knee pads and elbow pads.
For kids, I found it surprisingly difficult to find a good pair of these pads separately. In case you managed to buy either the elbow or knee pad, it’ll still be challenging to get the other one.
On the other hand, buying a complete set of elbow and knee pads ensures you get rid of the hassle of buying pads separately. From the pricing point of view, it’s a more viable option too.
Early injuries at the initial phase can easily discourage and convince your kid to give up skateboarding. However, by purchasing the best knee and elbow pads, you can keep them safe while they enjoy the sport. It’ll also help to boost up the confidence of your kids.
With tons of products floating in the market, choosing one can be a tough decision to make. What I tried is to filter the options for you. Just get any of these knee and elbow pads on the list and stop worrying about safety. It’s time to cheer on your kid.
And don’t forget to find a good brand shoe for feet protection.
Hi, this is Jerry, a skateboarder, who loves to talk about micro-mobility and future of that industry. Coming from motion engineering background, I am very enthusiast about speed, motion, balance and technology. I have taken a mission to carry the fuel free, environment friendly micro-mobile industry forward by educating people about micro-mobile products especially skateboards and longboards. I love skating around very much and encourage people to do so. Its a fun believe me.